Home > Environmental Policy
Introduction and aim
Direct Assistance provides medical, vehicle breakdown and travel services to the general public, insurance companies and other corporations. We recognise that our provision of these services can impact on the environment. We aim to comply with all legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and to operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management and all departments. Miss Rachel Adams is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
During 2011, we aim to:
- Reduce printing of unnecessary emails, faxes and other documents
- Inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- Inform all customers and suppliers about our environmental policy by the end of 2011 and all new customers and suppliers thereafter
- Clearly define our environmental policy on our website and other relevant documentation
- Use only FSC certified paper and ensure all stationery is from environmentally sustainable sources
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of converting our paper based documents to computer
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through monthly management meetings.
This environmental policy is available on request. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please phone 02380 693 211.